0

Workless roller coaster sunday

Posted by Qi... on 21:47

Needed to pen this day down
Not because of how eventful it was
Though I really really appreciate non-working weekends now
But it is the emotional roller coaster I

Woke up at 7 planning to work on my many documents but did nothing
Omg deadline is tomorrow I am so dead
But went on outing whole day somemore I admire myself too lol
Before I went out boss asked me if I can work
I am struggling between $100 income and two events (one paid) and more spending
And I choose to spend lol

Went to a free workshop by city council
Had fun decorating glitters on pantry object
Was supposed to bring my bottle from home but forgot about that
But glitters are really not my thing lol
Fancy but too fancy. How do you even use a jar full of diamonds and glitters?
But anyway I am once again amazed....you can be an artist by being a very into art housewife lol
It was fun like just for the experience
But I had to throw my product right after that lol
The glitter glue took ages to dry and I dont want it all over my bag
And I dont know how can I use those again
Say no to unpractical unnecessary things lol

Then I went on wandering for hours
Cause I was going to attend an activity there after 4 hours
WHY AM I SO IDIOT DECIDED TO STAY AROUND
But anyway it was a good discovery day
Found a lovely park in the middle of the valley
Which looks pretty similar to my favorite park in Portland!
Finally went to the oldest asian grocery store in Brisbane (not the biggest or cheapest though) and got some stuff----but they have some pretty good Indonesian and Philippines food selection lol. and fresh fish. and frozen and whole durian. and mooncake few months before Mooncake Festival
But my most dazzling experience would be walking into that herb store
The strong smell is almost therapeutic lol
The old Cantonese speaking auntie, old tabib and the med pots and people who came with prescriptions
Traditional things like this dazzles me all the time
And sometimes I feel misplaced like they brought a small part of HK or wherever to this very white land

Went to the first stand-up comedy show in my life
Listened to a singaporean named Ting (part of the reason I bought the tix) talked about singapore, how broke she was, how anxious she was and the traffic lol
I can feel her rawness and the grossly overgeneralized stereotype but I can relate to many of the things she said lol
Then we had a half aborigine who proudly proclaimed herself as aborigine lady
She was introduced as "national treasure in the making" and I think she might just be it
Love her lines and she even had a rap song with illustrations. too cute
And that song was awesome!
Then I think one day, just for once, I want to do a stand-up comedy too

Then went to the so-called Best Malaysian restaurant 2012 and 2015 for nasi lemak
I probably shouldnt go for nasi lemak in a seafood restaurant but anyway
It was terrible. I refrained from ordering any Malaysian food before this not only because I haven't pass my convert everything to rm stage, but im scared of disappointment lol
And that is exactly what I got.
$15 nasi lemak with undercooked rice. Seriously. How to eat. 
Anyway I don't feel much malaysia-ness there lol
But point is damn I got stomachache right after the dinner
I am not sure whether it is my stomach cant handle coconut milk and curry now or it is not fresh
Anyway it wasnt a pleasant experience

So lastly I went to uni to grab my laptop
Yes I took 15mins bus and walked 3km in return just to do that
and dropped my important cards (including bus card) in uni (I hope or else I die)
I am so freaking angry at myself when I had to pay $5 for my 5 minutes bus ride lol
Brisbane ur bus fare really expensive die
FUnny how tiny things like this can ruin my perfect day mood
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh totally messed up my already tight schedule
So a tiny thing like this can ruined my perfect day mood like totally
I am still pissed and slightly worried about it
Did I dropped it anywhere out of office? in the toilet or anywhere. I am literally having panic attack lol

But the worse thing was getting to know my grandma had a minor stroke this morning
and wasnt send to hospital
I feel like I am rewatching the same drama involving old people who refuse to send their parents to hospital even though they knew that is the best option
I had no idea why
Talking to my infuriated cousin makes me feel so helpless and guilty
I really wish I could be there. Or do more
I needed to see her again. To talk to her. To eat her food. To learn from her.
She is the other half of my root
I will be praying very very hard for her. 

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.