0

What's wrong with my VOICE?

Posted by Qi... on 00:46
I really wanted to ask: Is there anything wrong with my voice?

Today, I had an interview with a prestigious professor, Dr K who was one of the founders of our course. I was supposed to be an audience but I was so curious that questions popped out from me, but just a few. I want to emphasize, it was less than five sentences. At the end of the interview, the professor (used to be an ENT) suggested me to do a test on my vocal cord…..could you feel the bunch of question marks that popped out from my head?

So I was told, there was a problem that should be look into, the coarseness of my voice that I didn’t aware of, which I would blame on the high frequency of laryngitis and cold and the cough. Then only my classmates told me how SERAK my sound was. All of them. As the lightning strikes, I couldn’t wait to rush to the clinic and get an appointment.

So I met our lecturer to have the test. He told me that he could sense something wrong from my first word and my rate of normalness of my voice, 6 out of 10 was too high. He is the one that put the adjective “coarse” on my voice. Sobs. Then my second question came: was my problem that BAD?  

I had to say, the lecturer was really nice and I would like him more if he didn’t had to pull my tongue and poke the steel rod into my mouth. I still like him, in spite of that. Blame my gag reflex that we tried in vain for half an hour and failed to get the image he wanted. But he was really patient and explained in great detail about all the procedure and possible outcome. I wonder if I could reach that level of professionalism, you know, not showing the frustration or anger even he asked: "WHY" I couldn't do that, forgive me as I really don't have the answer, my tongue act on its own will.

Next wave of shock, he said maybe he should get Dr K to check my larynx together. Does my larynx really have that honor to have the service of my idol? Nevertheless, I get an appointment tomorrow, but without knowing who I am seeing.

I know, to be a SLP or even a normal people, I need a nice voice and actually, I do like my voice and all those were devastating. I am wondering, should I get an ENT appointment which I really hate it. Really wanted to advice my fellow medic friend don’t take ENT because you’ll ended up poking in people’s nose, mouth and ear all the time. Not fun for the patient and you.

Time for more water and no fast food! (had to reject McD and Domino today, good things always came at the day that you can’t have it) Instead, I have porridge.

Just hope I could get finally get a view of my voice cord tomorrow.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.