0

Count down

Posted by Qi... on 21:53

Things had just gotten real
Finally received my offer letter,
bought insurance with half of my savings (god damn poor now)
looking for rooms and even searching for schools for my lil cousin
Had another Skype meeting with my supervisorssss yesterday
Really love how warm and considerate they are
They are worried about my accommodation, social support and financial everything  
Like I really have mamas around....but my real mama doesn't seem too concerned lol

Counting down 2 months and it will be a whole new life
Full of uncertainties and challenges
I am definitely having cold feet
Especially after facing a bit of setback on my proposal
But.....the biggest challenge now is still resignation haha

Now that I am on track
I have more worries (but definitely lighter burden)
About money especially
Aussie is just such a money eating country every bite took a huge chunk of my already meager savings
Guess I am lucky in a sense I never had to worry about fees or living cost
And I never really work much, or work too hard
So the idea of me being out there having to earn my own living is kinda scary
I need a money rain
Or more realistically a better scholarship

And I haven't even mention about all those academic hurdles
I don't even remember the brain anatomy and I don't know if looking back at 1st year textbook now will help
and even with all these anxiety I am not studying
I insist chill after work is a must
But I had been spending the last 3 hours on forms and emails
And my mess in the office are still in a mess
So I dont really know what I am doing, as always

Anyway there is a small tinge of luck
Manage to find mates that are gonna start their semester together with meAnd she sounded nice
I felt much more secured with someone who knows the way bringing me around
Might not be as adventurous but definitely much more easier

So CNY is the best time to spread gossips
Especially when my mum volunteer all the news >.<
NOW EVERYBODY KNOWS
I was trying to be low profile you see
And now it feels like I am doing broadcast to everyone I know
I gets fidgety when people ask me too many detailsWell the fact is I don't know too
As usual uncle aunties like to know about my plan
The honest truth is I don't have one
But stop persuading me to stay over there
I think I still prefer Asian land and the fooooooooooooooood
But who knows
Aussie is Asian enough for me to get all the food I need
But offer that kind of leisure public space and greenery I always long for

Anyway
I am counting down for everything
Had to control my urge to buy flight ticket (First one way ticket in my life)
cause I haven't got my visa done yet
But I am definitely getting more melancholic
When my parents tell me maybe they gonna celebrate CNY at KFC next year
When my housemate says he wanted to cook us something nice but I won't be around anymore
When I know I will miss my best friend's wedding dinner
When I am counting down to my last time meeting my friends
When I am counting down on the days I am staying at the hospital
It is like every sparkling things over here gonna come to an end
I guess that is a sign for me to create new things over there
And hell yes I am gonna keep my gems here too <3

It is not too far but still a wide ocean apart
8 hours flight + 4 hour bus trip away from my sweet home
I am officially excited and terrified
Just like my long night talk with my little cousin
I think I need to take in my own advice
Step by step
You can do this. Just do it. Don't overthink.
And move your ass.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.