0

CM @ Role Play 1

Posted by Qi... on 13:12
Had a role-play yesterday.
A really interesting case. 55 years-old Mr.Lingam with Broca aphasia.
Pity Ah Boon had to act as Indian with stroke patient like-speech
I tried to imitate,
but it is just so hard to talk when you try to harden your tongue,
even though I managed to
yet the speech were still too clear and fast for a stroke patient.
It is hard, when you speak so naturally that you don't even realize how those words are form in your brain and mouth, how are you going to twist them around?

This makes me think more about these patients.
They used to talk normally like you and me
But after the stroke, they must use extra effort, use all their strength, just to pronounce a simple word
Imagine the frustration
Not one day with sexy voice due to flu
Not losing your voice at the eve of singing competition
But losing something as natural to you as breathing



Just like this Sarah.
She was 19 when she had this stroke.
Same as me.
Yet every word for her is like a battle.
If couldn't talk for a day or two is like killing you, how about them?


ROLE-PLAY DAY

When we first step in the room and saw a video conference was put on
We was like............WHATTTTTTT?
I don't know there would be evaluator from outside
There are 3 people on the screen!!!!!!!!!
Are we gonna have a panel to evaluate us?
Luckily the other two guys were technicians.
Still, the atmosphere was so tensed

I can feel my heartbeat. Pounding

I wonder, if I am that nervous until my voice shake during practice and noticeably nervous in the presentation, how would it be when we are in clinic?
When there would always be a supervisor and maybe your junior observe on the next door?
Gonna get over this soon.

Glad that we get quite positive comment from our lecturer though there are still much to improve <3

Just love the Lingam family. <3 You guys are so cute.
With the red spot on your head and sporadic Tamil.
Too bad we didn't took photo yesterday =p



Role-play 2 in two weeks.
Time to squeeze our brain again @@
I believe we could do better ^^


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.