0

Teach yourself

Posted by Qi... on 16:01


He is 13.
Yes, it's a HE.
He failed to persuade me that even till the end.
Yet he talked like a boss.
So he talked about the awesomeness of education he had
After he quit formal schooling.
Cool.
I bet a lot of people wanted to do that.
Not me though, I love all the companions and fun I had in school.

Saw lots of comment regarding this.
Yes,
Not everyone can have the luxury to have such education
Not everyone is that fortunate(?) to have parents that had such insights
Most of us, the ordinary folks,
won't have private tutors,
need a certificate to get us a job,
and on top of all, I doubt if I myself had the determination to keep myself with the schedule.
Home schooling is not as simple as sit in house
The planning of a customized and interesting curriculum is a dinosaur project.

But, for me, he is just trying to tell you,
education is not a singular and fixed noun
Education is not all about which school you attend.
It is more.
You can have more if you want.


Like what the forever genius Einstein told us.
Personally I felt my education
came more from all the zap pa lang things I read and did all these years.
The textbooks I studied for As and to please my teachers,
it won't stay.
As if our brain had a special mechanism,
you must willingly accept it, actively seek for it and love it
for it to be valued good enough to store in our limited brain store.
I love my weirdly-wired brain 

If you think there is a lacking in your education,
Do something.
Definitely you can.
Read something else. Something you wanted to learn.
Make an experiment. Learn by doing it.
Learn how to photoshop. make a video. or an apps.
With all the resources available on line,
this is the best time for us to learn.



My favorite quote from his speech.
YOLO, Get a life people :)


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.