0

Voices

Posted by Qi... on 23:08

Had a hard time controlling my emotion when I saw this annoying post of our college felo "tegur" students for complaining about the fire frill.
Hello, if you got fire drill at 1am when everyone is rushing aassignments and report, don't you get pissed?
Revealing the identity of the student and cropping people's fb status is even more regrettable
It is a necessary torture for everyone yes I get it
So they came down and endured the whole process
What's wrong with a littte gruntle?
You can't be expecting people cheering over firedrill and wanting more to practice for perfection right
Or be thankful to the admin for being so concerned about our safety
Oh ya, probably we should

I am one of the victim in the fire drill.
Stayed at toh puan and printed my stuff that one whole hour when the firealarm rang non-stop
I don't even have time to sleep and do you think I have the time for fire drill?
So yeah, I am the bad student that don't deserve to stay in this place cause I might be burnt to death when the fire really came *touchwood

Maybe I am influenced by my activist friend
Maybe I just feel the debater spirit
Maybe I have nothing to lose as fourth year
Or simply because this is so wrong
I had this strong urge to comment and ask them to reflect on their attitude(in a nice way of course)
But then, she deleted the post
Good for me and her. Save my trouble and save her from blood pressure spike

But seriously tired of all these kuno people
Felo scold us, office staff scold us, guard scold us,
Kalau tak suka duduk luar
Ini pemikiran zaman apa
Just feel so pathetic seeing all these university students being scolded like 5 years old kid (Ya I been through that many times too)
Feel even more pathetic when everyone think it is the norm
We swallowed all these bullshit cause it is only one time, office staff attitude memang teruk, and we don't dare to fight back any of them.

But come on, it is a basic for university to provide hostel for students
In fact, we fought harder than anyone to stay in this college
It is not kurniaan that we need to bow to you and say million thanks for giving us a place
We are not your anak like you can say "tak suka berambus"
And it is not even your property, your house that we are staying
It is the university assets and you are supposed to be the guardian and ensure our welfare
Seeing all these comments coming from the principal and felos.
Suddenly I am not surprised about the attitude of the staffs.

Stop treating university students like naughty kids that need to be disciplined
I don't even think you should treat any human beings with that arrogant patriarchy attitude.
We earned our rights to stay here.
We should follow the rules yes.
Some of us don't and that is perfectly normal. You know, young bloods.
You have rules and regulations for it.
But unless we violated all those rules, we should have every right to live here and voice out our opinions and get all the facilities that we should have.
Verbal violence are not necessary at all.
We are all university students, you are all graduates, masters and doctors, I am sure we can deal with any issues in a delicate and mature way.
No one should feel hurt or insulted in this process.
Cheers.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.