0

Glowing smarties

Posted by Qi... on 02:22
Wonder how I get so enthusiastic toward debate again,
or just the training part.

Because of these bunch of active expressive young mind,
I feel like I should not failed them
Because we have these seniors that did so much for us which mould me into this speaker today
That came for every training(higher attendance than me) even though they are working
It's time for us to continue their good deeds.
Just as how we were being nurtured and showered
Even though I'm far from that, I did what I could

On top of everything, it's because these juniors,
when they stood up and tell us why they want to join debate
when they gave their first speech standing stammering and struggle to finish a 7 minute speech
they remind me of myself.
and I know how easy it is, to take a step back, retreat into the old comfort zone,
simply believing that you can't
Yet they choose to stay. To push themselves into this total new ground.
You might fall. Lost your balance. Find out you don't like this stage after all.
But the moment you push yourself to do something different, you are not the same any more
You are aware of your own power and you know,
your decision shape your life more than anything else

In these two weeks of training, I'm learning also.
Learning how to be the guiding and encouraging one
How to lead others to think but never feed them
cause they might have GREATER and more ORIGINAL ides

When I judged the KTSN room,
I'm really really touched to see their growth
I saw them throughout the round of training,
From these timid people that are afraid to speak in front
To these eloquent and highly potential speaker
To a big team that work together so well with amazing chemistry :)
That is when I felt like Imma proud senior
Almost burst into tears when I say this to them
Ohhh, that is the stream of positive energy that make me feel like my effort worth :D
Even though I can't claim much credit for their superb achievement

So sad I could not watch them through Quarters till Final
I really wanted to be there for them,
to congrats them, to share their joy, and to offer comfort
But thank goodness we retain the championship of KTSN in VC Cup :D
Phewww, can't be the one that taint this record

I know how few among these 24 people that will stay,
but for me, it is sufficient to know
We made a difference.
The VC Cup experience together with Smarties will shine in their uni memory.




Btw, I can't remember what I'm doing during this time last year. I'm always slow, picking up this training skill one year after the time I'm supposed to do this well. Guess I did failed the last batch. No wonder had to pick up this burden for the second time.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.