1

Little steps

Posted by Qi... on 13:36
Guess I'm just teary and sentimental recently.
Tears swirling in my eyes whenever I called back home
When my dear friends put so much faith in me even when they saw how I failed miserably

But the trigger point today is the parent of a client
The strain in her voice and the desperateness twinge my heart
From the long list of her experiences
I can imagine how much efforts they had put in
With my mirror neuron, I can also imagine her sorrow
When other children are running around chattering and make you feel like why these little things never shut up
And you child were holding your hand and pointing with single word
And you don't know how to reach out to them

Writing this to remind myself of the people I set out to help
The parents
bring their children here and there for all sorts of therapy
fork out money to pay for expensive treatment or waiting at the end of the long line of gov waiting list
take care of them all the time because they need more attention than the typical developing children
and their simple wish is just for their child to say "mama"
to be able to communicate with others without the parent's help
All these things can come effortless and so naturally to any parents, is such a unreachable dream for them

You can doubt yourself as much as you like
But if you do care and think you want to help
Please move on
Don't bring the guilt with you,
Don't give up because now, they fall upon your hand
Maybe this is their last try before giving up
Give them and yourself a chance to be better.
Have a little faith. Work a little harder.
Be the clown if you need to. But a smart one of course.




1 Comments


awh~~ feeling like sharing this to the whole world!!!

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.