0

Play TO.GET.THERe

Posted by Qi... on 14:30

Was looking into webpages to find some idea for clinic activities
This is not the first time I'm doing this
But with my brain keep shouting for more sleep
I couldn't really focus on what I should do

Looking through the pictures
Making playdough, painting, creating volcano together
I was like.......Wait, my parents never did this for me
Not that I'm deprived of fun in my childhood
But look at all these!!!!





This is just so not Asian
My parents, the only thing they did is call me home for dinner at 6pm,
scolded me for running around
and buy me toys when I seriously seriously seriously asked for it
But they never played with me, unless at the playground
As if play is a child thing but not theirs

I wish they knew, I wish more people know about
How important play is for children
How children learn best through play
and what kind of chances you lost when you didn't let him play or didn't play with him

It's just these few years that any child will play with you
Once they are bigger, they wont want you as their playmate anymore(sobsss....)
So remember to play more! XD

The ability of play, no matter how natural it seems
Should not be take for granted.
Not all children know how to play, or how to play appropriately
LIKE THIS LITTLE KID THAT IS KILLING MY BRAIN CELL NOW
Not all children can understand how to play cooking game
Not all of them can follow your instruction
Not all of them could read and write and count when they are 5
So value the moments you could spend with any smart little kids more
Even when they are bullying you LOL it's a pleasure

This reminded me of what a parent said
She was so tired and frustrated when she tried so hard to interact with her child just to get her attention
She had no choice because that is her daughter
But seeing the SLP being so energetic and cheerful all the times even when the child is not responding
It struck her. and me who is listening.
Am I prepared for this? Can I do this?
Be professionally cheerful and sensitive and stimulating and facilitative all the time?
Cause they are not normal kids and they need special effort. A LOT MORE effort to be specific.

One thing at a time.
For me to survive this week,
it's time to brush up my play skills cause I never seem to know how to PLAY >.<
and to be able to survive in this career or performing arts
There is hundreds other lessons for me to learn
Yeah, and that is just so motivating >.<

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.