0

Letter from a father

Posted by Qi... on 18:27

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/opinion/abdar-rahman-koya/article/letter-to-my-non-bumi-daughter

"Dear Salma, I don’t regret what I have done. I hope one day you will be grateful that your father had not started your life on a lie. I hope one day you will be successful, or less successful (however you define it), because of your own hard work, and not because of an unjust system recognising your racial status as superior. You have God with you. He sees the truth, but waits.

I may be a little selfish for doing this. But this much I admit: I don’t want to one day stand before God to be questioned why I, despite being Muslim, had agreed to be part of this unjust system."


An impactful article written by a father to be shared in this Father's Day.

You might have thousands of different views on this,
But he depicts the very reality in this country in which all of us living in

For me,
When there is an unbalanced system and if you could have been the privileged one
It is really a noble act to say no and try to maintain the equality

Don't rush to point fingers at people.
Think. If you can have the one with an upper hand, will you say, NO I want a fair start.
I will work from scratch just as anyone else.
So yes he gained my respect from this nicely written piece
If only every citizen of this nation had the same level of conscience and pride in self
Maybe we can have a fairer country like what we envisioned

I believe this Salma girl will fare well in life
Because she has a father with great values and principles.
That is all you need to bring up a good child.

Reminds me of the values my father instills in me,
He never talk a lot or lecture me(sometimes very naggy yes...)
But he taught me through his action
That is the best form education one can give
Be kind, be nice and be honest
No matter how the world treats you.
If you decide to be kind,
It is not because of who you met,
It is who you are.

Although I had to admit a lot of times 
I love myself too much to sacrifice or contribute
But cannot mempersiasuikan my dad one right
I will try harder to be a nice person lol





0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.