0

Nerdy Addiction

Posted by Qi... on 07:20

Woke up super early today and decided not to study first
Cause Im going to have a longggggg day lol

So I was scrolling facebook like what I did everyday and stumbled across this article
http://www.theguardian.com/childrens-books-site/2014/jun/18/teen-books-does-reading-make-you-a-nerd
So this teenage girl is talking about how she hide the facts that she read, review(wow) and highly active in literature activity because it is UNCOOL
Sad huh, I mean reading is never a social thing,
But still I never thought it would be shameful thing or something to hide

Well, for me being a girl who reads
No one calls me nerd cause I can never stop talking and can't stay at my seat for too long
People say I am smart, geng and amazing because I can read books with a lot of words lol
Yea #AchievementUnlocked meh :/
Well since they are all compliments, I will just accept them gracefully
But the next thing they say is "I can't read book like this", "Not boring meh", "I will feel sleepy lie"
So basically you are being put at the altar, or a stage simply because you read
You are different. Different in a good way but still different
If you were a teenager, you will know how important the in-group recognition was

Lucky I have one or two friends that share the same passion so we can always talk about books we are reading XD
Erm, thinking back, I think it was just one.
This basically builds up our friendship of 13 years
Yea nerdy discussion about books we just read, our favorite scenes and character
and race to see who can grab the recent copy of just released Harry Potter yeah
So miss that! The intense anticipation for every new book and so feel like queuing up in a bookstore

Awww.....J.K. Rowling is always my idol
I know I am weird when I am the only one who put writers as my idol in primary school
But for writing a series that can let me re-read the whole series for more than 5 times
I had to say, she made a difference in my life
I can totally make reading Harry Potter the milestone of my life.
Think I was 8 years old when I got my hand on the first HP book.
But I absolutely remember the scene vivdly where I sat at the stone chair beside my house and totally immerse myself in this amazing new world
No matter what gets you into it,
this book is just so magical that you will be addicted to it
No, the movie isn't even one tenth of it but still it is cute to look back at the little Emma Watson
GO READ IT if you haven't do so

Little preview haha


Dumbledore <3 


I had to like these comments because they remind me how reading could be a form of addiction
The only addiction that can have my undivided attention for hours
I can sit there(lying and rolling around mostly) for few hours straight
Just flipping the pages and do nothing else
That is basically miracle for severe ADD patient like me lol
I cant recall how many times I was scolded and stopped from reading cause it is time to eat/sleep but I can't put down my book when I was a kid


Look at these young wizards,
Had to thank Rowling for repopularizing reading

I am seriously grateful I read
Just being in the world conjured by words is a bliss =)
Growing up as the only child in a Internet-less home without books would be disastrous
I wouldn't be who I am today without these enlighting pieces

Yes magic it is =)
Which is exactly why I am so obsessed with it

I miss the reading me.
Miss those afternoon and sleepness night cause I just need to know happen next
So absorbed into the story that time fast so unconsciously
But
Or I simply need better books.
Books like Harry Potter and 武侠小说 that can make me read irresistably
and had that emotion turmoil inside once you close the book
You grow attached to the characters and you laugh and cry with/for them
I miss that feeling.

Favorite twins from my favorite fictional family
Don't they look cute here? 


p/s: Another article to share lol

We are losing the art of reading

One day we might need to explain reading to our children in computer language
"The traditional pleasures of reading are more complex than just enjoyment. They involve patience, solitude, contemplation. And therefore the books that are most at risk from our attention and integrity deficits are those that require a bit of effort."

I am losing that attention to follow the maze of words

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Eternal flight from myself to myself All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.